By Jean Shafiroff
Hatherleigh Press, Ltd.
Publication Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2016
The important topics discussed in Successful Philanthropy: How to Make a Life By What You Give include:
- A New Definition of Philanthropy: Philanthropy as a global value, as a call to action and how change through philanthropy is within reach for all.
- Why Give? The gift of giving, overcoming obstacles when giving and the author’s personal anecdotes of the experience of giving.
- Building a life around giving: The Who, What, When and Where of Giving and the benefits of what you have to offer.
- How to Choose a Charity: Finding a passion and a cause you support, the various categories of charities and causes, where to research a charity along with the expectations and requirements of serving on a board.
- How to treat volunteers, paid employees, those serviced by a charity, and donors.
- Communities built on giving: Socializing for a cause and cities known for giving back including New York City, Palm Beach, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Southampton, NY.
- Establishing a family legacy of giving to others.
- Generational giving: teaching the importance of giving to children and a guide to philanthropy for retirees and empty nesters.